Honoring our fallen heroes is something Gabaldon Mortuary in Albuquerque, New Mexico strongly believes in. We are devoted to making sure first responders, Veterans and their spouses receive proper burial and cremation services specified to their wishes.
Honoring Those Who Served
The Department of Defense created the program Honoring Those Who Served in 2013 with the expectation that it will provide military funeral honors to all honorably discharged Veterans who served our country with care. The licensed funeral directors at Gabaldon Mortuary are dedicated to helping families who request military funeral honors by:
- Acting on behalf of the family to coordinate and schedule the appropriate military honors ceremony.
- Arranging military funeral honors is provided at no cost to the family.
- We will make the request regardless of time-frame, although 48-hours notice is preferred.
- We verify receipt of the request for a military funeral.
- We inform the honor guard personnel if there is also coordinated involvement and participation of a Veterans’ Service Organization (VSO).
- We will carefully communicate and properly coordinate with the honor guard and funeral directors to provide a respectful ceremony.
Military funeral honors include two or more uniformed military persons, the folding and presenting of the U.S. flag and the playing of taps. Gabaldon Mortuary is dedicated to honoring our Veterans with the care and dedication towards their final funeral wishes. If you would like more information to see if you or your loved one qualifies for a military funeral, contact our funeral directors today.
Gabaldon Mortuary Cares
Gabaldon Mortuary in Albuquerque, New Mexico cares about our veterans and their families and is dedicated to providing military funeral honors. We work hand-in-hand with the honor guard to create a ceremony that is proper, respectful and dignified. We can help you contact the Veteran’s Administration and make sure your claim is handled in a prompt, efficient manner. Contact us today and learn more about Veteran funeral arrangements in Albuquerque, New Mexico.