Veterans’ & Military Funerals Services
A military funeral is how we as a nation show appreciation to those who honorably defended our country in war and peace. Under the Department of Defense program, Honoring Those Who Served, Gabaldon Mortuary provides cremations and burials for veterans, their spouses, and their dependents. Veterans’ funeral care services include taps, the U.S. flag, and a memorial with dignity.
Memorable Veteran’s Funerals in Albuquerque, NM
Gabaldon Mortuary is dedicated to our veterans. We are willing to help file all of the necessary paperwork required and to ensure all of the veteran’s benefits are received. If you or your loved one is eligible for a military funeral, you may be entitled to receive:
- Burial flag
- Government headstone
- Presidential memorial certificate
- Reimbursement of burial expenses (service connected)
- Plot allowance
- Military funeral honors
- Burial at VA national cemetery
U.S. veterans can receive a military funeral honors ceremony at the request of his or her family. Under this program, you are entitled to two or more uniformed military persons, the folding and presenting of the U.S. flag and the playing of taps. Eligible members include:
- Active duty military
- Military retirees
- Members and former members of the Selected Reserve
- Eligible U.S. veterans of any war
- U.S. veterans who served at least one term of enlistment and separated under honorable conditions
- Spouses, minor and dependent children of eligible veterans and service members may also be buried in a national cemetery.
Helping Your Family Heal & Remember
Gabaldon Mortuary our goal is to provide your family with the best funeral services at an affordable cost, treating your loved one with the dignity, care and compassion they deserve. To learn more about military burials and burials for first responders in Albuquerque, New Mexico, contact us to reach a knowledgeable member of our staff.